Best practices for the PandaDoc close
In a recent post, we learned about “The PandaDoc Close”—a closing tactic that involves using PandaDoc to finalize a deal while on the phone with a prospect. In this post, I’ll share some of the best practices that I’ve developed over the past year working with two talented sales teams.
No matter what a prospect says, the deal isn’t done until the contract is signed! Even the most excited clients can slip away if you don’t capitalize on their excitement during a closing call. The PandaDoc Close allows you to capitalize on this excitement, flush out hidden objections, and get a signature during a closing call. Here are a few best practices to consider before implementing The PandaDoc Close:
- Prepare in advance. Have your proposal open and ready to go before the call and update it as you’re speaking with them. When the prospect says “yes,” you should be ready to hit the “send” button. Don’t wait until the last second to start preparing your proposal.
- Keep it simple. I know it is tempting to utilize all of PandaDoc’s great features—like embedded video and HTML slideshows—in every proposal, but when you’re trying to close a deal on the phone, consider skipping features that are likely to disrupt the flow of your call.
- Utilize CRM integrations. As a standalone product, PandaDoc is fast. When combined with your CRM, PandaDoc allows you to generate heavily customized proposals lightning fast. And the list of supported integrations just continues to grow.
- Use tokens in your proposal. Tokens are a PandaDoc feature that allow you to quickly customize proposals; they’re similar to mail merge in Word. These allow you to quickly fill in dozens of custom fields without searching.
- Push for objections. One of the most valuable benefits of The PandaDoc Close is the ability to flush out objections that would otherwise remain hidden. If it’s time to close, but the prospect resists, then respectfully ask for clarification. This is an opportunity you rarely get if you send a proposal after the close call.
Does this sound like something that could be beneficial to your sales team? If so, head over to
PandaDoc and sign up for a free trial.