Senior sales managers will all be focusing on growing their businesses and improving productivity in 2017. To help increase sales productivity, (which has been declining for the past nine years) they will need to implement the following six sales industry trends to streamline their sales process and engage their customers.
Trend 1: Integrate CRM Into Key Sales, Marketing And Management Processes
CRM integration can empower sales systems by improving efficiency and boosting productivity with timesaving solutions that create repeatable processes, so sales reps don't have to reinvent the wheel with every new prospect.
An integrated CRM solution will improve sales content productivity by:
- Filtering content for different products, target markets, and selling stages.
- Facilitating the sharing of quality content on social media in order to create new business opportunities, and increase brand awareness.
- Creating documents and proposals that are branded and filled with compelling content that is completely compliant with all the legal and pricing guidelines of the sales team’s company.
- Analyzing which content is engaging customers and increasing sales.
Trend 2: Automate The Sales Management Process
A sales automation management system is one of the key sales industry trends for 2017. Sales automation tools efficiently handle different sales processes and enable sales teams to focus on their role of selling.
Sales automation tools help sales teams increase sales win rates, reduce the sales cycle, enhance productivity, and improve revenue by:
- Automating time-consuming but important tasks, like sending follow-up emails, tracking contacts and updating sales opportunities.
- Quickly generating estimates and efficiently turning these into proposals, quotes and then orders once the deal is signed.
- Improving the customer experience by storing all the customer’s information in one central place in the database. This ensures that when the customer calls any member of the sales team can provide them with the relevant information they are looking for.
- Increasing revenue by freeing the sales team up from repetitive admin, allowing them to reach more prospects and close more leads.
Trend 3: Provide An Enhanced Customer Experience
Today’s millennial customers expect companies to engage their attention with compelling, personalized content throughout the sales cycle. They are always on the lookout for content they can trust and 43% of millennials rank authenticity of content as their most important criteria. This shift in the way consumers buy has placed a huge amount of pressure on sales teams to proactively offer the right content that addresses individual buyer’s challenges, by industry, company type personas, and products.
An integrated content management platform like PandaDoc enhances the customer experience by personalizing all sales content according to each customer’s company, industry, and needs. The success of this is clear, with statistics showing that leads who are nurtured with personalized content produce a 20% increase in sales opportunities. In addition, companies that lead in personalization are winding up 26% more profitable than those who don’t implement it.
Trend 4: Use Predictive Analytics To Assist The Sales Process
Predictive analytics are one of the exciting sales industry trends that allow sales managers to get ahead of the sales curve. By using predictive analytics, it is possible to:
- Segment customers into natural groups that share similar characteristics and deliver a personalized sales process.
- Discover customers that have traditionally been underserved.
- Optimize the sales content based on each customer segment’s need and responses.
- Identify high-profit potential customers to approach.
- Improve response rates by launching new personalized campaigns with more relevant messages.
Trend 5: Embrace Social Selling
Social selling is one of the fastest growing sales industry trends for 2017 as salespeople tap into the digital platforms where millennials spend most of their time. By observing social media channels like Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn, sales teams can see the content and topics their prospects are interested in and the challenges they are facing. They can then create content that directly addresses these and engage their prospects with one-on-one communication. The success of this trend is confirmed by statistics, which report that 78% of salespeople using social media outperform their peers.
Stay Ahead Of The Top Sales Industry Trends With PandaDoc
PandaDoc is an integrated, all-in-one content management system that has helped sales teams increase productivity by up to 800% and cut document creation time by 50%.
If you need any more information about how you can ensure your clients take advantage of the latest sales industry trends, contact us and a PandaDoc sales enablement expert will be in touch.